BOTOX® Cosmetic and Jeuveau® are both FDA approved injectable treatments known as neuromodulators. They are designed to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Commonly treated areas include crows feet, frown lines (between eyebrows), and forehead lines. These neuromodulators are both safe, effective, and produce noticeable results within days of treatment with no down time! Call today to schedule your appointment with our experienced injector!
Botox Pre-Treatment Instructions
- To avoid bruising it is best not to take any anti-inflammatory medication or pain relievers that are blood thinners such as aspirin, Tylenol, Advil, or Motrin
- Avoid the following vitamins & supplements: Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Omega 3 fatty acids, Ginkgo biloba, Garlic, Ginger, cayenne, licorice, flax seed oil and COQ10
- Avoid drinking alcohol a few days before treatment since it, too, is a blood thinner
- Sunburned skin is difficult to treat so avoid exposure to the sun before your appointment
- Avoid waxing, bleaching, tweezing, facial scrubs or the use of hair removal cream on the area to be treated
- Avoid the use of Alpha Hydroxy Acids higher than 10%, Retinol and Retinol A
- If you have a tendency to bruise easily, start taking Arnica Montana, an oral homeopathic medication 3-4 days before treatment to help promote healing, minimize bruising and swelling.
- If you have a history of cold sores (Perioral Herpes) the provider will prescribe a medication for you to start the day before or the day of treatment.
- Always inform your clinician of all medications including antibiotics, high blood pressure medication, Coumadin, Plavix, or other blood thinners as well as your medical history.
Other Important Information:
- Patients should be in good overall health.
- Do not use Botox if you are pregnant/breastfeeding,
- Do not use Botox if you are allergic to eggs or any of its ingredients or if you suffer from any neurological disorders.
- Active skin infections are a contraindication to treatment
- It is not recommended to have Botox treatments less than 90 days apart.
- The most common side effect is bruising and swelling. It is NOT advisable to have injections less than 2 weeks before a big event.
- Schedule a follow up appointment 2 weeks after treatment.
Botox & Filler Post-Treatment Instructions
- Do not massage, rub or apply pressure to the treated area for 12 hours after treatment
- Avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, and drinking alcohol for a few days following treatment
- Do not exercise for 24 hrs.
- Apply topical Arnica Montana cream to any areas with redness, bruising or swelling
- Avoid exposure to the sun and cold outdoor activities until redness from treatment disappears
- Do not restart Retinol or Retin-A for 2 days
- IF YOU HAD BOTOX TODAY:
- Stay erect; do not lie down for at least 4 hours
- You may experience occasional tingling sensations
- An immediate headache is common especially, if it is your first botox treatment
- It can take 2-14 days to take full effect. Botox can last 3-4 months.
- Makeup can be reapplied after treatment (apply gently, avoid pressure or rubbing)